Signs and Symptoms of ADHD
At St. Sophie’s we have special expertise in diagnosing and treating ADHD. It is normal for children to have trouble focusing and behaving at one time or another. However, children with ADHD do not just grow out of these behaviors. The symptoms continue and can cause difficulty at school, at home, or with friends.
- A child with ADHD might:
- have a hard time paying attention
- daydream a lot
- not seem to listen
- be easily distracted from schoolwork or play
- forget things
- be in constant motion or unable to stay seated
- squirm or fidget
- talk too much
- not be able to play quietly
- act and speak without thinking
- have trouble taking turns
- interrupt others
If you are concerned that your child may have ADHD, there are a variety of treatment options that our providers can explore with your family. To set up an appointment, call (701) 365-4488.