Emmet M. Kenney, Jr. M.D.
Dr. Kenney has practiced in North Dakota for over 20 years. He was co-founder of the largest private mental health system in North Dakota. He began Saint Sophie’s in 2010 with a focus on developing regional outpatient services based on patient-centered and family friendly principles. His focus is on psychiatric diagnosis and medication management. Dr. Kenney has special expertise in children and adolescent Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder, and Chemical Dependency. He accepts new patients up to the age of 25.
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in General Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- President of North Dakota Psychiatric Society
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Telemedicine Association
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- Medical school at Creighton University School of Medicine
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry fellowship at University of Oklahoma
- General Psychiatry Residency at University of Minnesota
- Upjohn Medical Achievement Award is given to a graduating senior who best exemplifies the future physician through scholarship, character, and leadership
- In 1990, achieved the highest score in the U.S. on the PRITE
- North Dakota
“Wow, Dr. Kenney is one of the nicest guys. I always come in feeling crabby and as soon as I meet with him, I am better. He is one of the most genuine guys I know!”